Families First values all contributions to sustain our mission. To protect the privacy of our donors and their special relationship with Families First, we maintain the following policies:
- We may request personal information online, such as name, address, phone number, email address, and credit card number ONLY for the purposes of accepting donations or for the purchase of admission to special events.
- We will not release or use this information for any other purpose unless we have the donor’s consent.
- We do not trade or sell donors’ personal information with other organizations.
- We offer donors the option to be recognized anonymously.
- Donors may request to not receive certain mailings or email communications, including but not limited to print newsletters, event invitations, or electronic communications.
- We do not track, collect or distribute personal information entered by those who visit our website.
- Personal information stored in Families First’s database is protected with a secured login with authentication, assignment of a unique ID to each person with computer access, regular pass code changes, and user IDs are deactivated or terminated as needed.
- Any requests to update, correct or remove personal information from our database will be acted on within 48 hours of the request.
- Families First’s online giving page is a service provided by Blackbaud, Inc. When making an online donation, donors will be asked to provide their name, contact information, and credit card billing information. All of this information is encrypted using SSL, an industry standard secure technology. This encryption is designed to prevent the theft or interception of the information provided.
- Families First contracts with Blackbaud to provide hosting services for our database. The Blackbaud data server provides data protection meeting PCI DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard), encrypted communication via SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) technology, intrusion detection for all devices and network nodes, state-of-the-art firewall infrastructure that detects malicious application attacks, virus protection, network load balancing devices via Citrix, and patch management, security and vulnerability monitoring and tracking, and SQL server attack protection via applications to detect SQL Injection and Cross Site Scripting Attacks.